Open Day Angling Event
A Free Fun Day out for all the family to enjoy
PRE-BOOK YOUR COACHING SESSION
This free event is the largest of its kind in the region, and this year hosts 13 qualified Angling coaches along with a host of other activities and demonstrations, to raise awareness of Angling, Conservation and the Environment.
Main Sponsors: ‘The Environment Agency’
Venue: Bawburgh Lakes, Bawburgh near Norwich
Sunday 6th June 2010 10.00am - 4.30pm
Need directions to Bawburgh Lakes get them HERE
See some of the activities at previous Open Days click here:
Need more information contact us using our Contact page
- Newcomers and lapsed anglers will be able to fish under instruction from Angling Trust and PAA qualified angling coaches on Semons Lake & Finger Pool
- If you haven’t fished before don’t worry – there is no age limit – you do not need any Fishing tackle or bait – all you have to do is turn up and book in on the day, over 100 coaching sessions were given last year.
Demonstrations / Attendees
- Carp fishing demonstrations with Tony Duffin & Friends (NASH Tackle) including rigs,spodding,& marker float control.
- Learn to cast with Terry Houseago.
- Pike handling & welfare, Lure fishing & trace making with PAC, NACA and Norwich Pike Angling Club, Enjoy the talk and demonstrations then have a go with the experts.
- Pond dipping, take part in the National Opal water survey and get your own kit to survey a lake or pond near you.
- Guided bird watching
- Fly Fishing Demonstrations with Mike Smith & Friends from strictlyflyfishing.com
- Bait Making, and ground Bait Launching!!
- Make your own bird box to put up at home or at the fishery.
- Discover all about owls with owl Boxes and owl pellets to view.
- Angling Trust will be at the event to answer your questions
Displays to promote NACA, Environment Agency and Angling Trust Coaching schemes, Norfolk Non-Native species program.
Come along and join us to make it a day to remember in the countryside. Have a picnic in the surrounds of this beautiful Conservation site, managed by Norfolk Anglers Conservation Association
There will be a Barbecue and refreshments served all day
Entry, coaching and demonstrations are FREE with plenty of parking space.
An adult must accompany juniors at all times
Located only four miles west of Norwich
The entrance to the lakes is in New Road, between Bawburgh village and Bowthorpe
Access to the event is in New Road between Bawburgh Village and Bowthorpe, approximately 4 miles west of Norwich. Turn off from A47 bypass on to the B1108 Watton Road signed ‘Colney and N&N Hospital’ then head towards Watton, taking the first right down Stocks Hill to Bawburgh Village. New Road is immediate right turn after the bridge, follow the road back under the A47 with the Fishery entrance a further 100 yards on the right.
From Bowthorpe, New Road turn is directly off the perimeter Chapel Break Road.
See the Bawburgh fishery map for direction
Sat Nav NR9 3LZ (Please Note this is closest reference to the entrance Gate which is around 100 Yards away)
Bait for the coaches sponsored by ANGLING DIRECT & SENSAS Groundbaits